Talking about the 1080p gaming or even 1440p and VR, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 is a great and powerful Pascal GPU. With upcoming more powerful cards like RTX 2060, this one might be old. Yet, it still can be your choice as there is high price difference with the newer versions. The price affordability has allowed users to have a go with it as its feature still allow you to have a good result with 1440p gaming or VR.
Our List of the best Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 Models
Let’s go through some of the best GTX 1060 graphic cards:
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming
EVGA manufactures motherboards, power supplies and many other parts but it is well known for its Nvidia graphic cards. EVGA GTX 1060 is one of those variant which is budget friendly and with a compact frame. With its compact size, it can fit in even small computer cases.
However, it comes with a single-fan and the performance does not impress with overclocking as compared to the other models with multiple fans.
ASUS Dual Series GeForce GTX 1060
Asus Dual Series GeForce GTX 1060 is an entry level mid-range variant, yet it performs very well. It comes with a white exterior and with two fans. This GTX 1060 has a great performance with overclocking.
The features that it offers in its price make it absolutely worth it. However, the white exterior design is non-neutral.
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 Mini
Zotac is a Hong Kong-based company and a younger company as compared to other Nvidia graphics card manufacturers. Despite this fact, they have turned into one of the reliable companies producing Nvidia graphics cards.
Zotac GTX 1060 Mini model is certainly a quality product. For a Mini ITX build, it is a great choice. It is the cheapest 6GB GTX 1060 available till date. Although the performance is not up to the mark as if you compare with the EVGA GTX 1060, but the design quality wise it is ahead.
Since it comes with a single fan, overclocking may cause this card to heat up and fan will get loud.
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060
Gigabyte is a Taiwan based company which is in competition with Asus when it comes to graphic cards. It introduced Gigabyte GTX 1060 which comes with dual Windforce fans and a signature Gigabyte design.
In terms of performance, Asus Dual Series GTX 1060 is a little bit ahead but Gigabyte GTX 1060 is way ahead in terms of the design. However, it has two Dual Link DVI-D ports but only one display port and one HDMI port, which is odd.
MSI Gaming X GeForce GTX 1060
MSI is yet another hardware manufacturer which is popular for manufacturing quality PC components. They introduced MSI Gaming X GTX 1060 which is a part of their Gaming X series. It comes with a backplate and trademark dragon logo mark in the middle of both the fans. It offers excellent performance and has a great overclocking potential.
However, this graphic card is a bit expensive as compared to other options of the same range. The design is unique but may be not everyone will like it.
Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1060
Another Gigabyte model gets a place in our listing of the best GTX 1060 Graphic cards. Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1060 basically belongs to the Aorus which is a gaming focused brand of Gigabyte.
It is equipped with three fans for cooling which means that it has a tremendous overclocking potential. The design is also alluring. It has a metal backplate plus RGB lighting makes it even more attractive. Without any doubt, it is one of best GTX 1060 models in the market right now.
Unfortunately, its size due to three 80mm fans does not allow it to be used in smaller cases. The price is also high but it is worth it.
How to make a choice?
It depends on your requirements, according to which you are going to make a decision. For that, you need to understand which features of the graphic cards fulfill your needs.
- First is whether you are looking for a compactly sized card or if you have no issues with the size. If you intend to build a Mini ITX gaming PC, you should rather prefer compact sized graphics cards.
- Second is, whether your usage is normal or more. In case you have excessive usage, you should go for a card having more fans, in order to avoid heating and loudness.
- The third is the price. You may have to decide if you trust the brand and willing to spend more or you would like to go for a cheaper variant with almost the same features.
- Fourth is the number of connectors. Every graphics card has a different number of connectors. You may have to consider this factor too while selecting a graphics card as per your need of connectors.
- Fifth thing is the VRam, since GTX 1060 is offered with a 3GB and 6 GB VRAM. Of course 6GB will able to cater game graphics with higher resolution. But your budget will be required to be increased as well. If you are looking for more detailed and clear graphics without any lag, then you should be opting for GTX 1060 6GB. Else, if your budget does meet the pricing, then you can go for 3GB GTX 1060 which itself a very decent Graphic card for 1080p or lesser resolution.
For the gamers with tight budget Asus Dual Series GTX 1060 (3GB) is a great option which is affordable and worth the price in terms of performance. If budget is not a problem and you are looking a 6GB variant, then you can go for GigaByte GTX 1060 which is one of the best GTX 1060 in terms of design and performance and worth investing card as well.