Realm Royale is a 2018 Battle Royale video game developed by Hi-Rez Studios, has been launched in Early Access and receive positive reviews by the players around the world. It comes as the alternative to PUBG and Fortnite, and specially designed for those players who want the casual, cartoonish graphics, but do not want the building aspect in the game. Just like other Battle Royale games, 100 players drop down from a stunning airship and must traverse a shrinking safe area, gather gears such as resources to survive, weapons to eliminate your opponents and objective to be the last remaining player. In the squad mode, players are grouped into the teams of four against a total of 100 players. The crafting system of the game enables found item to be broken down for materials in order to make better items and abilities at fixed locations found in the map known as Forages that contested many players. Players who have been eliminated by the other players are automatically transformed into the chicken and may be turned back if they manage to survive opponents for period of time.
The game feature variety of new class, massive range of advanced weapons and magical attacks as well as allow you to go traditional with a shotgun or embrace the fantasy with nice staff, swords and crossbows. To win the game, you’ll need to use the Forges scattered across the Realm to craft new powerful Runes, gear or bring back your fallen teammates. Realm Royale adds lots of new fantasy settings to the Battle Royale genre to deliver new challenges.
How to Increase FPS and Boost Performance in Realm Royale
In this Realm Royale guide, we will discuss how to increase the performance on the Realm Royale, how you can boost FPS and what gaming gear suits the game best. Realm Royale is currently in early access, and the developers of the game are busy to enhance the performance of the game itself over the time as well.
Read also about RAM For Gaming In 2019
If you really want to enjoy this new Battle Royale, first you need to check out what setting players are using.
System Requirements for Realm Royale
Want to enjoy this brand new Battle Royale, first, you should have a look at the minimum PC requirements for Realm Royale even to be able to run the game smoothly. There is no Mac version available to play, which are common during early-access releases. But the chances are that it will be the same as the computer.
- OS: Windows 7
- Requires a 64-bit processor and OS
- Processor: Intel(R) Core i5-2320 CPU 3.00 GHz (4 CPUs), 3.0GHz
- Memory: 6 GB
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 555
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 5 GB
- Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card
There are still much more you can do other than getting better hardware in order to increase FPS and booth performance.
PC and in-Game Setting for Realm Royale
A lot these settings that depend on how fast your PC is. If you are looking for maximum performance and frames per second, here are some steps you can take the best Realm Royale Settings that increase your FPS and boost overall performance.
- Close down other running programs that consume a lot of memory
- Set Resolution to your monitor native resolution, if you have old GPU then you lowering the resolution in order to get the higher frame rate
- Use D3D11, by default the game, uses DirectX 11 and even though there is an in-game option to change that, it’s disabled and not working. We recommend you use DirectX9 instead of DirectX11 via the launch option.
- You can select between Fullscreen, Windowed mode and Windowed Fullscreen. Normally, you want to go with the Fullscreen mode that gives you the least input lag and had no performance impact.
- Gamma, subjective and depends on your monitor setting. Usually, you might go a bit higher than the default, like 70-80.
- In Game options, we recommended you set your Anti-aliasing to off; this will improve your FPS.
- Must need to disabled Vertical-Sync because it works by waiting for the whole frame to render before it being disabled that can result in lower FPS.
- World detail, texture detail, particle detail, shader quality and shadow detail all these settings depending on your preference and GPU power.
How to Run Realm Royale with DirectX9
Quite simply, you need to right-click the game in steam, open the properties and click to the Set launch options at the bottom left, add DirectX9 and that’s all you can enjoy the game in its DirectX 9 mode.
Unlock FPS in Realm Royale
The game comes with 150 FPS through frame rate smoothing, here’s how you can unlock the FPS and disable the frame rate smoothing.
Read also about AMD vs NVIDIA – which is better?
Go to the \Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\My Games\paladinsroyale\RealmGame\Config\ folder and open the RealmEngine.ini with any editor of your choice.
Search for [Engine.GameEngine] in the file and change the value of the second command under the group bSmoothFrameRate to False.
You are done and make sure this won’t get overwritten in the future and make the file read-only.
We have a team of professional gamers around the world who create the list and if you follow our guide, you will grantee a better experience than before. Afterward, make sure you restart your PC before enjoying the game.